Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 1,741 to 1,743 of 1743

Thread: Alanis Morissette

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    I feel these are all kind of useless without actually seeing what's going on on stage. They're not meant to be listened to in isolation - musical theatre songs are meant to be staged. Some transcend that afterwards - there's so many musical songs I wasn't a fan of until I saw the show, then it clicked, and I know what's being delivered in the song in the context of the show.

These just sound like music class covers for an end of year show. Without the visual it's bit lacking...

Some gorgeous harmonies in there though - so that's positive. It could be really powerful in the staging, except I don't like that key change moment...
    For me, one of my favorite things to do is listen to a great musical's cast recording. I definitely agree that shows are meant to be seen, experienced live, but it's no excuse for a cast recording to sound like Amy Grant Karaoke.

That being said, I doubt these are going to be the versions on a cast recording. These are probably quick takes, meant for publicity.

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    Last edited by Octopussy; 05-07-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Alanis gave birth to her third child, a son named Winter Mercy on August 8. (Instagram)