Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 1,756 to 1,768 of 1768

Thread: Alanis Morissette

Here are the "new" songs from the musical; Smiling has the lyrics "such pretty forks in the road" so I assume the new album of that name will include these tunes, which seem pretty solid.

Ugh I just read this feature today on the NY Times (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/m...l-musical.html) and this part actually broke my heart a little:

Beyond snippy journalists, Morissette found she had an even harder time being accepted by her peers, despite the fact that several popular female musicians at the time were banding together for events like Lilith Fair. At the height of her fame, Morissette tried calling other successful artists on the phone to ask for advice, but she said she couldn’t break through. Even the women who came before her seemed to turn their noses up at her sudden rise. When Joni Mitchell was asked by Details magazine in 1996 to comment on the state of contemporary music, she responded, “It’s appallingly sick, for the most part,” and went onto disparage Morissette: “Alanis Morissette writes words, someone else helps set it to music and then she’s kind of stylized into the part.”

Looking back on that time, Morissette told me: There were a lot of women “who were not sisterly or kind. Then over time, way less publicly, they would apologize, or they would take responsibility, or they would say, ‘I’m so sorry I said that.’ ” She continued, “I, naïvely, thought that fame was going to create this sense of connection ... and the opposite wound up being true.”
    I wonder if Tori is one of the ones who apologized (for her comment about the mixing of the album making her ears bleed).
    Last edited by Nick; 12-04-2019 at 04:10 PM.

So I guess I am going to see Liz Phair, Garbage, and Alanis all in one show next July.

I saw Garbage and Alanis together back in the late 90s.

A new album will be released in May.
    The new single is out but I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by aviv amos View Post
    A new album will be released in May.
    The new single is out but I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Ugh I just read this feature today on the NY Times (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/m...l-musical.html) and this part actually broke my heart a little:

I wonder if Tori is one of the ones who apologized (for her comment about the mixing of the album making her ears bleed).
    Joni was a bitch. I love her music, but I always felt she had a very mean personality. It was so cool to hate on Alanis in the alternative scene in 96 & 97. I'm so glad she proved all those haters wrong (fuck you Courtney Love).

Also, I cannot freaking wait for the tour. I loved the Garbage + Alanis concert in 98. Only concert experience that surpassed it for me personally was Tori + Alanis.

Thought she nailed it on Jimmy Kimmel as well:

Also love this pic of Alanis & Elizabeth Warren.
    Last edited by Mr. Orange Clouds; 12-05-2019 at 04:25 PM.

She sounds fucking great on Fallon; I love this little Alanis resurgence around the musical (and I don't really need to see it, but from what I've heard it is selling well?).

I hope she and Liz had a nice long talk backstage; I only recently connected the dots that Dem Debate Wackadoo Marianne Williamson is the one Alanis wrote that Congressional campaign song for back in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I can totally see that. Tori did a 180 with Alanis: from criticizing her to touring with her/covering her (Thank U). Curious to know who these other ladies she reached out to were ...
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Tori did apologize, and clarify her original ''make a dog's ears bleed'' comments. She was talking about the production, the mix, how it was all treble and not enough bass. Which... is true. Imagine if JLP's bass kicked in as much as Paula Cole's Tiger. But yeah, Tori wasn't being nice, and Joni's comments were just plain wrong.

That Fallon performance was great. Alanis and her team are handling this time in her career so well, like the amount of attention and excitement the anniversary tour announcement got was really impressive — well-deserved given how much of an impact that album made but it could’ve totally got lost. To release a new album right now and be out there talking about the broadway show, it just all feels very well-executed.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Tori did apologize, and clarify her original ''make a dog's ears bleed'' comments. She was talking about the production, the mix, how it was all treble and not enough bass. Which... is true. Imagine if JLP's bass kicked in as much as Paula Cole's Tiger. But yeah, Tori wasn't being nice, and Joni's comments were just plain wrong.
    It's kind of interesting Tori giving out unsolicited production advice, when she's since put out her fair share of albums in need of some TLC.

Damn, tickets are expensive for this show! The cheapest Pit seats were $380 bucks PER TICKET without fees. Even center sections were in the $180-$300 range. I opted for lawn seats

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    It's kind of interesting Tori giving out unsolicited production advice, when she's since put out her fair share of albums in need of some TLC.
    Ain't THAT the truth!