Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1599

Thread: Alanis Morissette

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Jupiter View Post
    Permission and Big Sur are very underrated, both would've made great singles
    Big Sur was a single. Kind of. It has a video and there was a very limited edition on 7" of the single.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    Big Sur was a single. Kind of. It has a video and there was a very limited edition on 7" of the single.
    ...and a big Oprah plug

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    So does Souleye always talk in that horribly affected way? Ugh. E.g. "I've got mine en you've got yoze"

Also I am so sorry to harp on this, but I really, really wish I had never heard Alanis sing the lyric "you spread open wide, as we go back and fourth". It doesn't wash off you guys.
    Last edited by grapefruit_is_winning; 02-12-2017 at 12:48 AM.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    haha.

I hope the next "single" they collaborate on has something similar going for it. Might as well get a few laughs out of these monstrosities.
    Gone. When hope is almost gone, you know that's the time we must stand strong --
    Every girl in every band- Every cosmic cowboy in the land -to the Earth will you show mercy?

I was surprised by the amount of songs Souleye made featuring Alanis. I thought they made only that b-side of HABL and this turd. But no, they made enough songs to make a whole album. And they all suck. SUCK. REALLY SUCK.

aaalll rooooads lead to Biiiig Suuuurrr...

I'm from Connecticut, so anything about California (especially the wild windswept coast) feels exotic

She's playing a show on August 25th, as part of the Ravinia festival in Illinois. Curious to see if it's a one-off or not.

http://www.playbill.com/article/alan...emiere-in-2018

I mean, fundamentally this sounds like an awful idea, and I don't have a ton of trust in her at the moment, but on the flip-side Diablo Cody and Diane Paulus is an interesting team. And would I hate hearing someone like Jessie Mueller belting out Mary Jane? Maybe not.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    I like the harmonizing! Nicely done. What a great song. It's timeless really.

I really, really loved that!

So cool to see male artists covering Alanis. It's a great cover and they seem so into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange Clouds View Post
    So cool to see male artists covering Alanis. It's a great cover and they seem so into it.
    It reminds me of that really weird time when Metallica insisted on covering Only Happy When It Rains over and over at their live shows.

As for the musical, I couldn't care less. I want a new album... even if it's awful. You know, just to satisfy the itch and curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by VampireTampon View Post
    As for the musical, I couldn't care less. I want a new album... even if it's awful. You know, just to satisfy the itch and curiosity.
    I'm really undecided about that. I mean, I really want her to stop milking JLP. She remastered the album twice, made the JLP acoustic, foe the anniversary there were two editions, the demos, now the musical... The only thing she still has to do is an album of remixes.
    But at the same time, the things she's been releasing in the last five years are HORRENDOUS. If that's all she can do, I really want her to stop making music. When she made that video with her husband (oh god, I have forgotten about that, why am I thinking about that again), it was like watching two trains crashing and then getting burned and the people inside screaming "we're ok, at least we don't have to listen to that song".
    I can't deal with Alanis. But watching her over-milking JLP is not better either.

But I have to admit I'd be more than happy if she releases a record with the SFIJ demos.

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post
    The only thing she still has to do is an album of remixes.
    See, you probably just jinxed it. Now just wait and see how that remix album gets released, as well as Jagged Little Pill: Orchestral. And then another anniversary edition of the album will feature a disc where different artists that were influenced by Alanis cover all the songs.