Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: the walking dead (AMC)

I have a friend who is fan of the serie and was so excited because she was going to watch the chapter and thought the same thing as you, in general. Now it's all just more of the same, with extra blood.
    I left the show in the middle of season three, when I realized that there's actually no ending. It's not like they have a place to go and be safe. That'll never happen, so they just have to survive, meaning they'll find so bad guys and shit and they have to survive to eventually find new bad guys and so on. It's a loop. It won't change because the story itself has no ending, it's determined to be this way.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Also, I don't understand why everyone that has a "place to survive" has to be evil. Where are the damn good people?? Don't they realize they're more likely to survive if they work together?? My husbands says the shows about how you have to do bad things to survive and that's what the zombie acoplapse forces you to become but I'm like - really? Can't we all just start a farm somewhere? They're obviously attracted to fire (the zombie pit) - why don't we have these everywhere and work together to kill them off?
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    I've been thinking there's no real resolution to this, but maybe there is. Cheesy, but maybe there is. Someone out there is working on a "cure" or something. Perhaps the cure is spread by use of aircraft, lmaybe helicopters or something. There were shots of helicopters early on. The whole thing reminiscent of the original V mini-series (red dust dropped from hot air balloons). Otherwise, slight variations on a theme is getting really old.

Oh, and the people of Alexandria weren't evil except for Porch Dick. Stupid, soft and naive, but not evil. The people at Hilltop weren't evil either. Rick, thinking he's King Shit, jumped into a problem without thinking anything through.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

It's so funny I keep up with this show via social media, getting the gossip about who was killed, what's happening, etc., but I haven't watched this show since season 4. I'm with waitressboy. I need an ending; it's just gone on too long in my opinion. Every good story needs to come to an end. I'm ready for the show to be over so I can just binge watch the remainder.

I'm only a show watcher, I've avoided the comics and the spoilers from them. I was hoping we'd start to see the show moving into figuring out the zombie virus, finding ways to communicate, rebuild infrastructure, etc. We've seen glimmers with helicopters and the garbled transmission on the radio but then it never develops into anything. If they're just going to fight other groups of nihilistic crazies until everyone is dead, I don't need to keep watching. I was mainly here for Carol and she's gone again.

The Kingdom = Alexandria
    How long before shit goes south?

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm only a show watcher, I've avoided the comics and the spoilers from them. I was hoping we'd start to see the show moving into figuring out the zombie virus, finding ways to communicate, rebuild infrastructure, etc. We've seen glimmers with helicopters and the garbled transmission on the radio but then it never develops into anything. If they're just going to fight other groups of nihilistic crazies until everyone is dead, I don't need to keep watching. I was mainly here for Carol and she's gone again.
    I love the show, but I am feeling this way. Negan isn't all that. They haven't presented him as well as other villains, imo. Oh well.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

Last night was SO BORING. Nothing really happened IMO.
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

I thought the Governor was a caricature of a villain but Negan is way worse.

I'm very curious as to where they are going with Carol...a part of me thinks they still have a storyline for her, my pessimistic side says 'she's depressed she'll die'...

Quote Originally Posted by seso View Post
    I'm very curious as to where they are going with Carol...a part of me thinks they still have a storyline for her, my pessimistic side says 'she's depressed she'll die'...
    oh, I hope there is another (longliving) storyline for her... I miss her! My guess is, she will team up with the old group or Maggie to challenge Neegan and take revenge for Glenn and Abraham. And to save Daryl. I want team D and C back please!!!

I'm also a bit intruiged/curious about Jesus. I can't tell yet if he's to be trusted, but there also something weirdly attractive about him

So, 3 episodes per season will actually be interesting. Premier, mid-season, and finale. At least this one focused on more than one story at a time. Yes, we can keep track oh mighty producers!

this season was so boring. Finally a few steps in the right direction with the last episode...

I thought S7 was pretty solid overall. The finale was well done. We knew what was coming but it was still presented in an emotional and compelling way. I love how the show stays true to the source material in the comics but improves on it. Michonne and Eugene especially are much more fully developed and realize characters at this point in the series than they were at this point in the comic. Also, they keep things fresh by switching up plot points with different characters from the book and series. I dig this.

As for the S7 finale...