Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: the walking dead (AMC)

post28!

There may or may not be a pre-air version on the internet.

Hint: there is and it's fantastic.

http://io9.com/5286145/a-harvard-psy...e-neurobiology

Zombie Neurobiology

The Amygdala and Anterior Cingulate Cortex

Absent a properly functioning frontal lobe, a zombie is driven entirely by base emotions - such as rage - that are housed in the primitive parts of our brain, notably the amygdala. There's precedence for this in nature. A crocodile brain, for instance, is mostly driven by the amygdala. Researchers have confirmed this by introducing lesions into the amygdala of animal specimens: the result is a drop in the attack and retreat response that correlates significantly with the amount of damage that's done to that region of the brain. A crocodile without an amygdala isn't really a crocodile. As such, Schlozman argues, "you can't really be mad at zombies, because that's like being mad at a crocodile," adding that it's the delicate balance between frontal lobe and amygdala "that makes us human."
    GSV Tarendai

Tonight's the night!!! Yay!
    Also, mods, there are 2 TWD threads around. Can you maybe merge? Gracias!
    http://www.unforumzed.com/showthread...dead-%28AMC%29
    post28!

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Just watched it. Great premiere episode. I'm so glad they're using makeup zombies instead of CGI zombies. Much more zombier and scary.

It was really intense and suspenseful, like any good horror movie should be but isn't nowadays. I was on the edge of my seat the whole hour and half expecting zombies around every corner. Great directing.

OMG, it was so damn good! I kept expecting the cheap "make you jump" scares and, thankfully, this show proved to be better than that. So incredibly good.

That was awesome! The make up effects were fantastic, the acting and the pacing is good.
    There were some parts that were pretty much 1-on-1 translations from the comic, which keeps the fans happy. And then there also were changes and additions that worked really really well (like the mother and the tank).
    So yeah, everything I hoped it would be. Yay
    post28!

I am not a horror/zombie person at all but my cousin convinced me to watch this with him last night. I actually really enjoyed it. It's also nice to see Lennie James. I love him as the pimp in HBO's Hung.

I really enjoyed this premiere. I love the rabid, running zombie craze as of late, but there's something so atmospheric about slow-moving, creepy, dismembered zombies that is just creeeepppyy! I can't wait for more!

So far, really good! Impressed!

I never read the comics, but even though many instances were rehashings from previous movies, it more than filled the void. I'm so fucking happy there's finally a series I can give an actual shit about (minus House). Can't wait for the 2nd Ep.

"Give me the axe. We need more guts."

I must say, I've never seen that scenario in a zombie movie before. AMC surprises me.

edit: alright! Just watched the rest of episode 2 and I'm really impressed. They did an excellent job, throughout. Can't wait for episode 3!
    Last edited by Dave; 11-08-2010 at 12:38 PM.

I enjoyed last night's episode more than last week's, but I still am not a fan of the female characters in this show. Jesus, the one woman who shows some badass flair gets put in her place immediately. "Next time, take the safety off." ha ha ha. So far, the rest of them just whimper and have extramarital affairs and get turned into zombies. Not too promising.

I do love Glenn though.

two beavers are better than one! Robin Sparkles's Avatar
    Loved it. The guts scene was disgusting, and amazing. I really enjoyed this second episode.

Yeah, the closing scene with Glenn speeding away with that symbolic tune was great.

Women: maybe we haven't seen 'her' yet. There's bound to be a baddass bitch. She'll more than likely be a troubling seduction for our boy Rick.