Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: the walking dead (AMC)

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Yea Sasha with the music... that was rather nice.
    But it was a boring season outside the finale.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

hoping for the new season to be a little better than the last one

I don't understand the first episode. Flashbacks and flash forwards.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Me either. And I'm annoyed with Michonne's "happy mother" face. Seems way to fake to me.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    I don't understand the first episode. Flashbacks and flash forwards.
    Well, I am not familiar with the comic series, but I thought the flash forward scenes looked more like dreams to me, like in season 7, when Glenn reappeared for some kind of dinner scene.

last episode was quite tense and I'm still surprised about Carl

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Clearly Rick has never handled a baseball bat before. If he had, end of story. Also, how did his hand nots get shredded using Lucille that way?
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

This show is infuriating. Negan stood on a balcony for five minutes and talked uninterrupted while Rick and a shitload of armed allies stood and watched. Rick could have saved himself and all of us some trouble by shooting him then.

I swore I was done with this show but it’s still on my DVR so I caught up a few weeks ago. And now I’m asking myself why again.

I think they got to move it along. Did I see a helicopter??? Was that just me?
    Maybe they will start to move towards something bigger than Negan.

I think the show done jumped the shark. No, it jumped the tiger. But all my friends think it's still the shit. So.. if it's pulling in the ratings like a juggernaut I don't see them ending these territorial disputes/fights for a while.

And regarding Carl I didn't even know he was
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Clearly Rick has never handled a baseball bat before. If he had, end of story. Also, how did his hand nots get shredded using Lucille that way?
    Exactly what I was screaming at the TV! Part of me thinks it's just the show trolling fans, another part thinks it was a blooper they just left in--ya know, since Andy Lincoln is a Brit he maybe didn't know how to use a baseball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    I think they got to move it along. Did I see a helicopter??? Was that just me?
    Maybe they will start to move towards something bigger than Negan.

I think the show done jumped the shark. No, it jumped the tiger. But all my friends think it's still the shit. So.. if it's pulling in the ratings like a juggernaut I don't see them ending these territorial disputes/fights for a while.

And regarding Carl I didn't even know he was

Regarding that last scene of S8E8 and Carl...

Ep. 12 of this season brought some fresh air back into the series for me: Jayne Atkinson
    A weird entrance of her character, but more entertaining than this whole Negan-farce.

Rick shooting a billion bullets at Negan, yet none even scratches his skin - absurd!
    This storyline is draaaaaged out way tooooo long for me.

The show has jumped the shark.

I lost all suspension of disbelief in the scene with Judith and Coral and then her big fake cry. And now - your son dies and all he asks - ALL HE ASKS - is to try to work toward peace. But nope - instead you angrily call Negan and then attack him.

Negan is just not that scary to me. The more I think about it - the more surprised I am that no one in his group hasn't already shot him.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

S8E14
    What a ridiculously boring episode. That whole Jadis/Negan storyline was just a giant waste of time. Rick & Morgan team up to just straight up murder people. Carol & Morgan reverse roles. (Again? I can't keep up with these two and their emotional breakdowns.) Henry needs to look at the flowers.

Seasons 7 and 8 really should have been just 8 episodes instead of 32. Even so, this is a story arc that doesn't really let any character have meaningful progression. Literally everything that's going on in terms of character development is something that has been done to death on the show. I'm not sure how The Walking Dead can recover from these 2 seasons. Everything feels so hollow now.

Although......... I have always loved the garbage dump people; Jadis especially! I would have loved a short, stand-alone season dedicated to them (that maybe connected with the rest of the WD universe at the very end). As is, they were underdeveloped and mishandled.

oh my god - what a boring last episode
    I just find myself not caring for any of these characters anymore...