Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Rumors!

Inside our EAR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SageBrushFire View Post
    Aside from the initial cost, is it expensive to use?
    There's no expense involved in using it, other than what you spend in iTunes. So far the iTunes rentals are $1 cheaper (for both regular and HD) than the movies in Comcast's OnDemand service. Plus, there are thousands more movies to choose from (since onDemand generally just rents new releases). I also use it a lot for looking at photos, since it communicates with iPhoto on my desktop Mac. Since we don't have a stereo system, I also use it to listen to music from my desktop Mac's iTunes library while I'm doing chores, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarella View Post
    Inside our EAR!!!
    Well, if they'll put it inside one of my hearing aids I MIGHT CONSIDER IT.

But whatever, I don't get this obsession with making everything so tiny! I like things to be small and practical, but not so tiny that I could accidentally inhale them. Or something.

Here's more of what was announced today with some pics:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...8.html#s133530

I'm so disappointed that the new iPod touch only takes still photos at .69MP. That's ridiculous.

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    The Nano looks so weird to me - but for some reason, I want one.

It was a meh update. Although I will say that for $99 I'd like to try AppleTV. I have tons of video content on my computer and when company comes over I find that we all gather around my PC to watch it. It'd be so easy to just stream it to the TV over WiFi. I don't like the idea that there's no storage on it, but I do have an iPad, so I could just put things on my iPad and stream them to AppleTV that way. It's still more portable than having things stored on my home PC.

Does Apple TV support DivX yet? If not, I would never consider it...
    Most tv-series you can download on the web are in formats and codecs the apple tv box just doesn't support.
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    I'm so disappointed that the new iPod touch only takes still photos at .69MP. That's ridiculous.
    Wow, even my crappy old EnV from like 4 years ago takes 3MP pictures ... wtf is up with that?

EDIT: Okay the new Nano is just completely stupid. There comes a point where making stuff smaller is just counter-productive.

What am I supposed to do with that? Do they think I'm going to shell out $200 (or whatever terrible entry price it'll have) for something that's so small I'll probably lose it forever within minutes of purchasing it?

I don't even know if my fingers are thin enough to articulate with something so small. What a lame gimmick. I don't know how they can take that concept further; I think the next generation will probably be a brain/ear implant that you control with your eyebrow muscles.

EDIT2: And apparently the Nano no longer has video? Wow ... Well at least this will drive current gen prices down so I can finally afford one.
    Last edited by SageBrushFire; 09-02-2010 at 08:40 AM.

In the garden of your mind. Tellurium's Avatar
    Why does Apple think everyone hates buttons? Was anyone actually genuinely excited by the announcement that the Nano would now be button-less? I recently went from a first-gen Touch to a current-gen Nano, and I gotta tell you, I like the buttons.

I also agree that now it's just too small. I'm scared I'm going to lose an iPod Shuffle just by looking at it. I don't want Nanos in that category too! Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Wout View Post
    Does Apple TV support DivX yet? If not, I would never consider it...
    Most tv-series you can download on the web are in formats and codecs the apple tv box just doesn't support.
    Yeah, as far as I can tell it doesn't support anything but movies purchased/rented through iTunes. I haven't really looked into it, though.

That's the downside of Apple, their arrogance to make things more flexible outside of iTunes. I understand why they do it, and it's paid off before, but with Apple TV it's a big big fail.
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by Wout View Post
    That's the downside of Apple, their arrogance to make things more flexible outside of iTunes. I understand why they do it, and it's paid off before, but with Apple TV it's a big big fail.
    I agree, and I'm sure it's hurt sales/popularity. I use the AppleTV for a couple of other things and I've always rented movies through iTunes, so it's been worth it to me. But unless you're using it for the other features in addition to the iTunes/TV, there's really no point.

But if you have a large iTunes library and it's only $99, it's not really that big of a waste either.

I was a little miffed that iPad/iPhone didn't support my avi files, but they do support a couple other types like mpg4.

Video to Apple TV

This is epic win, we now have another protocol to meddle with, expect linux windows and OSX programs posing on networks as an Apple TV to exploit this for our benefit by christmas

Buttonless Nano

I like it, I wish I could wear it as a wrist watch so I can have something like minority report, and I think its good that they removed video, who would want video on something that small? It detracts from its purpose, which is to play music, nice and simple. Now its got a clip too! I expect though that people would complain anyway, after all there are plenty of people who 'misplaced' an iphone on a beach complete with headphones and hefty case, who think its because the iphone is too small and easy to loose.

Buttons on the shuffle

Whereas here, a screen would be pointless because your fingers probably going to be bigger than it, where would you swipe? Adding buttons to it also means no more cryptic faffing around with the headphone remote

0.something camera

It isn't, the hardware is capable of a lot more, but I'm somewhat confused as to why they'd take a high res image and save it at such a low res size =s
    GSV Tarendai