Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Rumors!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It was a meh update. Although I will say that for $99 I'd like to try AppleTV. I have tons of video content on my computer and when company comes over I find that we all gather around my PC to watch it. It'd be so easy to just stream it to the TV over WiFi. I don't like the idea that there's no storage on it, but I do have an iPad, so I could just put things on my iPad and stream them to AppleTV that way. It's still more portable than having things stored on my home PC.
    Do you happen to have an X-Box or Playstation 3? You can run everything through Windows Media Player to your tv for X-Box..... or you can download a program called TVersity (it's free). It connects to the video folder on your computer to the X-Box or PS3. It's pretty neat. We use it all every night. We bought the PS3 to double as a Bluray player.. so it's kind of like a 3 in 1. We download all sorts of stuff from the internets and haven't had a problem playing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarendai View Post
    Video to Apple TV

This is epic win, we now have another protocol to meddle with, expect linux windows and OSX programs posing on networks as an Apple TV to exploit this for our benefit by christmas

Buttonless Nano

I like it, I wish I could wear it as a wrist watch so I can have something like minority report, and I think its good that they removed video, who would want video on something that small? It detracts from its purpose, which is to play music, nice and simple. Now its got a clip too! I expect though that people would complain anyway, after all there are plenty of people who 'misplaced' an iphone on a beach complete with headphones and hefty case, who think its because the iphone is too small and easy to loose.

Buttons on the shuffle

Whereas here, a screen would be pointless because your fingers probably going to be bigger than it, where would you swipe? Adding buttons to it also means no more cryptic faffing around with the headphone remote

0.something camera

It isn't, the hardware is capable of a lot more, but I'm somewhat confused as to why they'd take a high res image and save it at such a low res size =s
    But the last Nano actually had pretty damned good video considering how out-of-place the feature was. I just don't see the point in taking away from things.

And I hate all things small. It's not just how easy the stuff is to lose; it's how much harder it is to read and harder to use etc. Like MicroSD Cards, MicroSD cards are cool but they're ridiculously tiny. You don't even have to be mildly irresponsible to lose a MicroSD card. One good sneeze and that thing's gone forever. I thought the Nanos that were out were already a perfect size. Imagine how much more battery life Apple could have added if t hey used the technology for the latest Nano with the size of the previous one; that extra space could have been nothing but pure battery!

Gosh iFixit has torn them apart and the touch really doesn have dual 720p cameras, fine for video ro facetime or the odd snap, but not best if your after half decent photos to print out for your wall. Still Its more than enough for facebook
    GSV Tarendai

iPad 2 Features To Include Rear-Facing Camera, Slimmer Build?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_794973.html

I really want to get myself an iPad, but after making the mistake of buying an iPod Nano version 2 just a week before they released the Nano version 3 I've been holding out to see what will be included in the second version of the iPad. I'm not too fussed about the retina display like some seem to be, but it would be nice to have the camera and multi-tasking as standard unlike the initial iPad.

Multitasking is standard now on the first generation iPad, you just have to upgrade the software.

I'm not really into FaceTime so I guess a camera on the iPad wouldn't really appeal to me. I'm sure it's coming, though, because all the other iOS devices seem to be getting it. The rumor is that there are probably two cameras, similar to an iPhone -- one on the front for FaceTime, and one on the back for regular pictures. An iPad feels a bit too bulky to try and hold up to take pictures/video with, though.

One of the rumors is that it will have either a USB or SD card slot, which could prove useful.

I just bought an iPad (am actually typing this post from it it now). The multitasking is great, and I have the camera connection kit for the USB port. The cameras wouldn't do anything for me.

My iPad has become like a microwave or a mobile phone; I couldn't imagine life without it now. I really think tablets will boom next year. I bought the first version soon after it came out and have never regretted it. I think I'll be getting the next version too. I imagine people will come up with other uses for the cameras that we haven't even thought of yet. I like the idea of using skype with two cameras so you can walk around the house showing things to people.

Yeah, I think 2011 will be the year that tablets will be everywhere since so many companies are due to release their own versions next year. I still think the iPad will be the most popular one though as it's had quite a headstart on the others. None of the other tablets and e-book readers (like the Kindle) that I have tried comes close for me.

I hope they increase the space on the Ipod touch from 30 to atleast 60 GB while staying within the same price range or less.

but my four year old white video ipod is still doing very well.

There's some fairly decent speculation swirling around tech blogs saying that Verizon will be announcing the addition of the iPhone to their network on January 11th.

It's exciting, because it's been talked about for years, now. But I still don't think I'm going to get one. I have a Motorola Droid, and am happy with the OS, excited for the ability to upgrade to the latest version of the OS before long, enjoy the ability to use flash, and have already put a fair amount of money into apps and the like, already. (And, of course, for my iOS needs, I have the iPad).

However, this is still a big honkin' deal, if it's true. Especially so if they get some 4G LTE goodness going on in there. I look forward to seeing what happens. What do you all think about it?

The rumblings have been getting louder, but still no announcement from Apple about any kind of event, right? I highly doubt anybody would announce this besides Steve Jobs, and usually when there's an Apple event they give the press a full week's notice. That's the only thing that makes me skeptical.

Also, I read a rumor somewhere that the iPhone (at least AT&T's version) doesn't plan to include any 4G features until 2012.

I don't know what I'll do if they announce it tomorrow. I love my Droid X but I wouldn't mind having something smaller....

Been announced now.

If you want to see a liveblog of the event, you can go here.

Edit to add: so they're doing a Q&A now. This is exciting, though I still don't know whether I'd go with an iPhone. At least, not yet. There's a lot I like about my droid- swype, the physical keyboard option, and the ability to upgrade memory and replace a battery myself all being high on my list. However, the iPhone 4 has some neat stuff: HDR Photographs! An included mobile hotspot! Obviously, the App Store! iTunes (though amazon's MP3 service has been getting better at catching up in terms of release dates)!

I think that, were I to go with an iPhone, I would likely want to wait until they make one that's 4G LTE-compatible. Despite my annoyance with not being able to damned well replace the battery myself, Apple's products does an excellent job with long battery life. Considering that 4G usage has the bad habit of going through battery power like a platter of shrimp cocktail at a girth + mirth cruise, I think Apple has an opportunity to shine, here.

I guess we'll see!