Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fashion News

Exclamation Fashion News

Lanvin is the latest design house to partner with H&M!!! (I KNOW!!!!). Collection, both menswear and womenswear, will be available to view online from Nov. 1 and on sale at H&M stores Nov. 20th. I'm going to have to drive 4 hours to my nearest H&M, but I'm getting my hands on some Lanvin gear for sure!!!
    Last edited by Banjee; 09-05-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Ooooooooooh!! Lovely news! I'm hoping for an amazing dress or two.

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    I just dont get why they have to have us standing in line for these things. Why arent they making enough for everybody? Is it a marketing thing, like if they met demand, 50% of all metropolitan populations would look like H&M Lanvin bots? God, every time I hear about affordable fashion collaborations I can't ever get that excited because I dont have the patience to fight bitches for the item which is probably a stupid asshole size anyway.

*huffs
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    The nearest store to me is Phoenix, AZ. Not going to drive across the state to get there.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Quote Originally Posted by Frangipani View Post
    I just dont get why they have to have us standing in line for these things. Why arent they making enough for everybody? Is it a marketing thing
    Probably. Limited editions are a good sell to the press, get people excited to buy immediately for fear they can't buy later and sometimes even create mob hysteria, which is apparently great for publicity. See the Kate Moss stuff they do at Top Shop. Create shopping mayhem, get in the papers, sell everything, including loads to people who buy it to resell as a premium on ebay .. make loads of cash, have no leftover stock to deal with. Oh, and then there's the mark-up you can do on limited/designer pieces that are made in exactly the same set of Bangladeshi/Chinese sweatshops and from the same crap fabrics as all the non-branded stuff in the store.

Not that I'm cynical or anything. Obviously.

I have 6 H&M stores in my area, so I don't have much to complain about. I don't have too many special designer pieces nor have gone on opening day, but I've managed to find what I'm looking for.

Kaiser Karl's Birthday today!!

I want it all! I kind of feel the same way (I would much rather a Gaultier trench!!!! to the target version), but access isn't always a reality. Plus, if you're going to buy ready-to-year at the mall/gap/h & M then the fabric, construction, style and price is pretty much on par with other ready-to-wear mall/gap/h & M stuff.
    Last edited by Banjee; 09-10-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I'd rather fight bitches for a bargain at the Barney's Warehouse Sale
    *le sigh* I dream of this. well, not fighting w/ you Kari at Barney's, unless of course it's the only Lacroix/Versace quilted bedspread , but of going to a Barney's Warehouse sale. I'm going to have to time my next nyc trip to coincide w/ it.

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    ^
    Wow, I really just cannot picture what that will be like. I have a hard time imagining how the basic, plain Gap sort of aesthetic will meld with Valentino.
    Last edited by Churumbela; 09-12-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

I got excited, and then I read this part..

The collection is timed to hit Milan, London and Paris stores--and unfortunately no stores in the U.S.--as Gap launches on Milan's Corso Vittorio Emanuele.

Hmmm. I wonder about Canada? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I know this sounds silly, but anytime I have bought a piece of low-end discount designer, I've felt like I got a cheap imitation of the real thing. If I'm going to own McQueen, I want to own McQueen with high end materials and craftsmanship. You know? I can get shitty polyester from H&M anytime without the massive markup. I'd rather fight bitches for a bargain at the Barney's Warehouse Sale, where I have definitely gotten some great pieces without even close to spending full price on them.
    Exactly. But I don't go to Barney's Warehouse sales, I go to Goodwills. Even consignment would be better than low-end designer. So the Louis Vuitton is used, it is still LV. Because ultimately what I am looking for is craftsmanship and artistry.

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    She looks incredible. I cannot wait to see what else is coming out now that designers are forced to expand their market.

I've been noticing (or maybe just getting out shopping more) that you can find just about every style of shoe that the big wigs have put out, in a more affordable and still totally cute identical version. I remember only having access to about 1/3 of the trends being offered by places I could afford to frequent. Now there's 5 versions of each and every trend! I know clothes have caught way up too, I'm probably just not hunting hard enough. Soon theres going to be no excuse to not be fashionable and the streets are going to be populated with everyone looking and feeling beautiful all the time I have a dream!
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up