Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Cover Art

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar

Alternative Cover Art

I know some of you use different art as your iTunes cover art and I was wondering if you'd post them. I'm just listening to my edited Beekeeper:

Original Sensuality
    Parasol
    Sweet the Sting
    The Power of Orange Knickers
    Witness
    Martha's Foolish Ginger
    Barons of Suburbia
    Garlands
    Not David Bowie
    Jamaica Inn
    Dolphin Song
    Intro Jam/Mary's of the Sea
    The Beekeeper
    Toast

...and looking at the cover - simply the cover from the songbook, cropped - and suddenly history is rewritten and there was never a sub-par album until American Doll Posse. I think with this artwork and edit I could even let her throw on Ribbons Undone (I actually love the tracks not included here, but I like playing around with the edit to make a concise and beautiful album) and it would make thematic sense. Also, the art changes a lot of what I hear in this album, and actually helps me hear a lot of the 'sinsuality' she was talking about when she interviewed during this era.

So what are do you use for some of the albums? I'd love one for ADP that only shows the Tori Doll.

This is the album art I use for the 'Tori' songs on ADP:

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar

Myself, I use this for ADP.

Banned
    i'm using something somebody made at the other forum for my copy of Mindwinter Graces but I don't know how to copy it over here. It is the cover of Midwinter Graces as far as I'm concerned.

This is my cover for MG, in case the above doesn't work:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T-yV8tiI4y...ver_picnik.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NUHN View Post
    i'm using something somebody made at the other forum for my copy of Mindwinter Graces but I don't know how to copy it over here. It is the cover of Midwinter Graces as far as I'm concerned.
    It's this, which JOEY and TallulahBelle turned into a cover with some cool font and cropping:

I use this for Doll Posse - I found it on the net, but it's really crap quality which is sad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, I forgot, this is my Beekeeper:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've got different covers for last four Tori's records. I made them myself in Paint so they're nothing really special, but still they work better for me than the original ones.

The Beekeeper

American Doll Posse

Abnormally Attracted to Sin (made by someone from here, I guess)

Midwinter Graces (made by Alex)

Last edited by Tonika; 09-05-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Here's mine:

The Beekeeper

Abnormally Attracted to Sin

Midwinter Graces

Banned
    Wow that made me laugh FreshMownGrass. Thank you for that!!

And at Tonika, omigod your alternate Beekeeper cover is amazing!! I don't think I ever saw that shot before, I love it! I love what she is wearing, and her hair looks amazing juxtaposed with the black of her ouftit. It looks sort of White Chalk-y.

Banned
    Tonika, I love yours! All of them.

I really do love The Beekeeper; one of my favourite albums. But *sigh*. The album art. It's just such a pity that a great concept just wasn't executed that well for the most part. A couple of those shots do work for me, like the one you've used, Tonika.

But damn it, I love the tour book! The tour book looks A-MAZING. And it's not a new idea at all, mind you. Yet, I think it captures the moods, textures, colours, fragrances, sounds, everything of the album beautifully.

I made this as a joke last year ... but I don't have the album so I don't use it as my iTunes art.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPea View Post
    I made this as a joke last year ... but I don't have the album so I don't use it as my iTunes art.

Holy cow, I think it's amazing!!!! You know what would've been so cool? In the MG booklet, she depicts the elements earth, water, air, fire. I can totally imagine corresponding visual concept for the other elements; this one being (frozen) water.

Am I missing out on something??? Is that really Tori though? Is that one of the Strange Little Girls shots that you manipulated?
    Last edited by flaxenhair; 09-06-2010 at 12:12 AM.

It really is Tori's face, but I can't for the life of me remember which shot I used. I found the silver snowflakes on a model from something else (hence the dark brown hair). And obviously that's not Tori's ear, as it's rather flat against the head.