Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Cover Art

Banned
    I think this is by far the best fan-made artwork I've ever come across. It was made by Alex on @forumz.

I use it for my AATS edit:

Give
    Welcome to England
    Curtain Call
    Ophelia
    Flavor
    Police Me
    500 Miles
    Maybe California
    Abnormally Attracted to Sin
    Starling
    Fast Horse
    Lady in Blue

I love the edited version of the album, because I think it flows a lot better and gets rid of the crappy songs. This alternative artwork also adds a lot to it.

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    I really wish I could use alternate cover art in my iTunes, but I'm kind of OCD about everything being true to life for some reason. Too bad for me. That AATS cover Alex made is stunning.

Though I did make this before we knew the title of Midwinter Graces:

This was another one I made before we knew the title. I made this as a joke (obviously, with a name like that), but I think the image could've been cool!

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stillorbiting View Post
    I really wish I could use alternate cover art in my iTunes, but I'm kind of OCD about everything being true to life for some reason. Too bad for me.
    You can have multiple artworks for an album. I have to have everything "right" too, but it doesn't bother my OCD if my alternative is selected if the original is there as an option.

I use the picture for each character as the cover for SLG. I use the various promo shots from everythingtori or toriamos.com as the art for ADP, although I'm not sure if the dolls and their songs match up. (That doesn't trigger my OCD).

I use a different cover for each MWG song too. I use a lot of the ones already posted, the promo art and a few others that came from @ or one of the other two forums.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    I would keep all her album covers as they are up until TBK. I quite like the ADP and AATS covers but better images could have been used for the last few albums. I'd keep the same fonts they used (except MWG is a bit plain) but use different images.

TBK potential cover images (put some text on, polish up a bit, and they'd all work well as covers imo)

ADP

MWG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPea View Post
    This was another one I made before we knew the title. I made this as a joke (obviously, with a name like that), but I think the image could've been cool!

I love it! And that title for a Tori Amos album works for me. But seriously, it works on sooooo many levels for me. One of which is kinda horrific. The idea gives me shivers. I'd also love to see a version of that with Tori's signature wavy red hair.

This thread is making me depressed, you guys. Tori's been sitting on so many great ideas for her album art.

Oh, and menju56 - your third Beekeeper photo, with the carousel of trinkets (or, perhaps totems?) and symbols of femininity. I like to call that one "The Tree of Knowledge" or "Sophia".
    Last edited by flaxenhair; 09-07-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post

I think having all the dolls on the cover would be best. The Shame pic is a good promo, or maybe even back cover, but I like the dolls on the front.

Here you are, made by Silver from yessaid.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Nice! Thank you

he's our commander still stuper venus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshMownGrass View Post
    Here's mine:

The Beekeeper

Abnormally Attracted to Sin

Midwinter Graces

I lol'd. For real.

^HAHAHAHA!!! Wow. TBK is by far my favorite parody art!

Quote Originally Posted by stillorbiting View Post
    I really wish I could use alternate cover art in my iTunes, but I'm kind of OCD about everything being true to life for some reason. Too bad for me. That AATS cover Alex made is stunning.

Though I did make this before we knew the title of Midwinter Graces:

XD The saddest part of this is that it's not much worse than the actual cover art.

Last edited by Fast Horse; 09-07-2010 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonika View Post
    Here you are, made by Silver from yessaid.

I like this! Has T ever mentioned why all 5 are not on the cover?

I also really like Alex's AATS cover above. T should do a black and white album cover sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Horse View Post
    I would never mess with Scarlet's cover. I think it's fine the way it is.

how do you edit songs and create it's own album art on an mp3 player? If I put it on a playlist, it just uses the album art for each individual songs.