Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Robyn Thread

Quote Originally Posted by take_offs View Post
    I'm curious to see what will make up Robyn's next solo LP. It's hard to tell if she has any desire to return to the pure pop of Body Talk. That record is such a masterpiece in songwriting and spirit. If 90's House Robyn is here to stay, I wouldn't complain. Whatever she finds a passion for I'm sure she will excel at it.
    I like the vibe from tracks like "Monument", I hope she goes in that kind of direction.

I'm loving the EP. Tell You Today is a great closer.

Robyn just released this statement:

Unfortunately, it’s with great regret that Robyn has to cancel her appearances in Brazil (Rock In Rio) and San Francisco (Treasure Island).

After falling ill with cancer, La Bagatelle Magique member Christian Falk passed away one year ago, Robyn and third band member Markus Jägerstedt finalised the music that they had worked on together without Christian, in order to release it as planned. The album release this August was the culmination of that process.

Robyn and La Bagatelle Magique performed two weeks ago at Popaganda Festival in Sweden due to the cancelation of Dans Dakar. After this show, however, it became clear to Robyn that she would not be able to perform the La Bagatelle Magique material again soon.

“It was much harder singing these songs on stage than I thought. Even though it´s been a year since Christian passed, I’m heartbroken and performing them feels too heavy still. I’m sorry to disappoint the fans that have bought tickets to these shows and I will do my best to come back to San Francisco and Brazil soon.” -Robyn

Robyn and Markus are still working on an exciting video to come very soon for the project, but she requires a clean break from performing to focus on the future so she can return with new music.

Great interview via Yours Truly.

There is also a short film.

Robyn recorded under a pseudonym for this soundtrack.

We're a month away from the first of her upcoming festival dates. I wonder if we'll get any additional news before then?

May 28 Boston Calling Festival Boston, MA
    Jun 03 Governors Ball New York, NY
    Jun 05 Field Trip Festival Toronto, Canada

Also playing a benefit for the Museum of Modern Art in NY:

This year’s Party in the Garden will feature a performance by internationally acclaimed pop artist Robyn. Robyn has released four albums and two EPs, been nominated for three Grammys, performed on Saturday Night Live, and toured extensively, reaching a dedicated audience around the world. Robyn, who will perform with her live band, has asked 10 different producers/DJs to remix material from throughout her catalog for the four shows she is doing this summer—including headlining New York’s Governor’s Ball Festival. The shows will also include new music and material from her recent project La Bagatelle Magique.

In the next few days, Robyn will be performing at Governors Ball, Boston Calling, and Field Trip, and she’s announced a series of remixes to accompany these performances. She has invited nine of her favorite dance producers to remix “key tracks” from throughout her career, and she’ll be performing these new remixed versions of the songs live during her festival sets. “Remixes make me listen to a song in a different way; they stretch you out as a listener and leave space for other things that a pop song usually doesn’t,” Robyn explains. “I hope to be able to share this experience with my audiences at Governors Ball, Boston Calling, and Field Trip over the next week and just dancing together…” Check out the list of participating artists and the songs they’ve remixed below. Remixes from the live show will be released in the coming month.

Axel Boman: “Hang With Me”
    Cassius: “Dancing On My Own”
    Harry “Choo Choo” Romero: “Love Kills”
    Joakim: “With Every Heartbeat”
    Mr. Tophat: “Main Thing”
    The Black Madonna: “Indestructible”
    The Mekanism: “Don’t Fucking Tell Me What To Do”
    Wolfgang Voigt: “Who Do You Love?” (from Otherness by Kindness)
    Zhala & Heal The World: “Stars 4 Eve
    http://www.stereogum.com/1879840/rob...f&utm_campaign

Love Robyn, but I have to say I'm really itching for another LP-length release from her. I liked the Do It Again EP a good deal but it felt like tapas, and I'm hoping for a full meal soon. Love is Free did very little for me, to be honest. She seems to be moving into an increasingly clubby direction. That's cool I guess, but she has such great pop instincts I'd hate to see her move too far away from that.

There is a shorter radio edit as well, but I can't access it on Youtube. Spotify has it.

A song called "Honey" was featured on Girls last night

"Honey" sounds exactly like what I've missed from her. It's way more on-brand in terms of solo Robyn work. There's beautiful harmonies, an actual chorus, atmosphere. Praying it's released soon.

https://m.soundcloud.com/snookercrunk/robyn#t=0:00

I came here to say the same thing. It's absolutely gorgeous.